Why Reputation Management is Crucial to Your Local Marketing Strategy
Your customers and potential customers have access to more information than ever before — about your business, your products and services, and what your top competitors are offering. They also have a powerful voice — magnified by social media, online review sites and search engines — that can shape the kind of opinion others form about your business.
Whether your a major brand or a small business reseller in a local market, no one can afford to ignore the crucial role of online Reputation Management in local marketing strategy. Just consider the impact a positive or negative review has on consumer behavior, according to BrightLocal’s Local Consumer Review Survey:
- 84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation
- 91% of consumers regularly or occasionally read online reviews
- 90% of consumers read less than 10 reviews before forming an opinion about a business
- 74% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more
- 54% of people will visit the website after reading positive reviews
Word of mouth has always been a powerful advertising tool. Today, that direct consumer-to-consumer feedback comes in the form of online reviews. Business that are savvy enough to leverage the power of consumer opinions recognize its value as a competitive edge and a direct line to reach potential customers.
While staying on top of minute-by-minute, real-time social media posts and online reviews can seem daunting, it doesn’t have to be. Not if you have the right tools in place. When local businesses enroll in SproutLoud’s Reputation Management program, they don’t need to constantly track multiple online customer review sites. Reputation Management automates the process by sending email alerts for new reviews and making it easy to showcase positive reviews while being responsive to questions, concerns and complaints.
Take a proactive approach to optimizing your online presence in the local market. In today’s competitive business landscape, monitoring your online reviews has become an essential part of measuring Partner performance.
Here’s how it works:
- With a Business Name, Address and Phone Number, we can instantly track reviews and mentions of your Partners online.
- Email alerts are sent every time a new review is detected.
- Your Partners respond to email alerts only when action is required.
- Positive reviews can be set to share on your Partners’ social media channels and website to maximize their impact and reach.
Taking control of your online reputation can be simple and effective — when you have right innovative Channel Marketing Automation solutions in place. It’s also essential. In the crowded digital spaces that customers frequent, brands and their local reseller partners need to leverage what people say online about their business, products and services.