What You Absolutely, Positively Need to do to Promote Your Restaurant Via Mobile Marketing
SMX East is taking place this week in New York City and always tends to yield good information about online marketing industry data and opportunities. Here are a few statistics and trends we thought were of interest regarding the Restaurant Industry:
- Restaurants are the #1 searched category for both local and mobile categories on smartphones
- 95% of smartphone users have searched for a restaurant, 90% of these users visit the location within 24 hours
- 64% of these smartphone searches convert within 1 hour
Top Post-Search Actions: SmartPhone vs Tablet
- Call the restaurant
- Look up the directions
- Engage GPS to display locations nearby
- Look up ratings and reviews
- Search for coupons, deals or promotions
- View Menus
Optimize your restaurant for smartphone and tablet search
- If you have not already, create an optimized and specific mobile site for your restaurant. You will also want to provide your phone number and directions front and center.
- Although a tablet is considered a mobile device, its actual usage behavior is more like that of a PC. Have your menu and restaurant information (days and hours) on your site to educate users.
- Since users are using tablets to conduct in-depth research online, you should make sure that you are well represented on review sites. It could make all the difference between a user choosing your restaurant, or a competitor just down the street.
** All data from Telmetrics-xAd